Thursday, 21 November 2013

Oh Comely November Care Package

Probably about a month ago I signed up for a care package swap, which turned out to be something like a Secret Santa, through a magazine called Oh Comely (if you fancy buying me a subscription I'll love you forever).

Not so long after the details came through of who I would be swapping boxes with, a lady called Christina in London, she'd written a short blurb:
"I am vegetarian, so I don't eat meat or gelatin. I love travel, baking, music (mostly indie) and reading!"
The rules of the swap meant I had to include at least three items Something Personal, an Inspiring Snippet and a Wintry Treat, then send it all off on or before the 18th of November. I shopped around, bought my items to send and got the box off on time (just about!). Then I just had to wait.


I actually got my box today (Thursday 21st) because I had missed the post on Tuesday and the box needed to be signed for so I sent my slave (read:helpful parent) off to the post office to pick it up.
It was handed to me and the first thing I thought was that we at least held fear of parcels bursting open in transit in common. I had smothered my box in gaffa tape and she'd covered hers in brown parcel tape.
I'm going to have to apologise for the photo quality, I took them on my phone as my camera is upstairs and I have a sever lack of spoons today.


Once I managed to break into the box I found this


Needless to say I was intrigued.


This is white thing on top, a lovely watercolour painting called "Autumn Lady" made by Christina's own fair hand.

Next I came across a card, explaining where the items in the box came from and a postcard from Christiania which is a free town in Copenhagen (Denmark), completely autonomous from the rest of the city.

The bottom of the box looked like this:


A super cute penguin lunchbox bought in Christiania which held all manner of goodies inside.
A bag of Terry's chocolate orange pieces (love them!) and the cone/purple striped thing is a flannel (also from Christiania), it's ever so soft and I think I may be able to use it on my hypersensitive skin.

And a selection of sweets.


The last item is a box of American herbal tea which I can't wait to break into!

All in all an excellent box, with the bonus of a promise to email me a banana bread recipe. I would definitely take part in the box swap again and I'm happy to have the chance to get to know a new friend.

If you want to have a look at what I sent you can see it on my swap partner's blog here:
http://christina.berrange.com/posts/2013/11/19/the-november-care-parcel-swap/

No comments:

Post a Comment