Wednesday 9 May 2018

Dear Social Worker Who Gets It Right

Dear Social Worker Who Gets It Right,

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry I don't trust you.
I've been let down by your colleagues too many times.

I'm sorry that I sometimes talk down to you.
I have learned to expect that you won't understand.

I'm sorry I go over the paper-work with a fine toothed comb.
It's important that I feel in control of this.

I'm sorry that I ring to check if you've done what you said you would.
I know you're over stretched.


Dear Social Worker Who Gets It Right,

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry that you don't have the resources to give everyone what they need.

I'm sorry that you can't afford to think beyond survival.

I'm sorry that the stress has made you go off sick.

I'm sorry the system has set you up to fail.

I'm sorry you're down to bare bones.

I'm sorry people don't understand.

I'm sorry it is such a fight.

I'm sorry you're leaving.



Dear Social Worker Who Gets It Right,

I'm sorry,
And thank you.

1 comment:

  1. When you get a good social worker, they are like like gold smiths, but they're forced to work with Plasticine instead because of the system.

    ReplyDelete